In order to receive the orb from the man at the Necrogond Shrine, the heroes must first throw the Mountaincleaver into the volcano. This opens the path to the Maw of the Necrogond. After passing through the cave, the heroes can arrive at the shrine.
Due to setup required to reach the shrine, and the powerful monsters in and around the Gondo Cave, the silver orb is designed to be the final orb received of the six orbs. Getting the silver orb is actually the longest subquest in Dragon Quest III aside from collecting all six orbs to get Ramia.
- Retrieve Maw of the Necrogond from Manoza Cave.
- Visit Manoza at night and defeat Boss Troll, receive Mod Rod
- Visit Greenlad and exchange staff for Boatman's Bone.
- Track down the Phantom Ship and retrieve Locket of Love.
- Use locket to enter the Shrine Jail.
- Search Eric's corpse to find the Mountaincleaver.
- Throw the sword into the volcano west of Baharata.
- Travel across the filled river to Maw of the Necrogond.
- Complete the cave and visit the Necrogond Shrine.
- A ridiculously rare orb of sparkling silver. Alchemise it! - Dragon Quest IX game description
The silver orb reappears in Dragon Quest IX as a very exotic alchemy ingredient, used for some of the highest alchemy recipes. It is a rare drop from the Baramos, Zoma, and (at a certain level range) Nokturnus legacy bosses.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikia.|